The Govt. of India Stationary Office is responsible for the procurement and supply of paper and paper made articles and other stationary items as required for day-to-day functioning of all Ministries and Depts. of Govt. of India including Indian Missions abroad, Union Territories and some quasi Govt. organisations.
The Department with its headquarters at Calcutta is headed by the Controller of Stationary. There are three Regional Stationary Depots at New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
- SUBORDINATE OFFICE UNDER THE MINISTRY
- PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY OF PAPER AND STATIONERY
ITEMS TO MINISTRIES/DEPARTMENTS INCLUDING INDIAN MISSIONS/POSTS ABROAD,
UNION TERRITORIES, ETC.
- 3 REGIONAL STATIONERY DEPOTS AT NEW DELHI,
MUMBAI AND CHENNAI
- NOTIFICATION INVITING SEALED TENDERS UNDER
2 BID SYSTEM FOR PROCUREMENT OF STATIONERY ARTICLES IS PUBLISHED IN THE
LEADING NEWSPAPERS IN HINDI/ENGLISH AND REGIONAL LANGUAGES THROUGHOUT INDIA
THROUGH DAVP, NEW DELHI AND ALSO PUBLISHED IN INDIAN TRADE JOURNAL.
- FOR ASSESSING THE QUALITY OF ITEMS PROCURED, THE OFFICE HAS AN INSPECTION WING EQUIPPED WITH A LABORATORY AT ITS HEADQUARTERS. BESIDES, THERE ARE INSPECTION OFFICERS IN EACH OF THE REGIONAL STATIONELRY DEPOTS.
- BUDGET 2003 - 2004 - Rs.24,15,00 ( In thousands)
- TOTAL NUMBERS OF EMPLOYEES - 793
Headquarters Office at 3,
Church Lane, Kolkata- 700001
Tele. No. 033-2485454, FAX: 033-2437380